ABOUT HUDSON BIKE SHARE:
Hudson Bike Share (field operations by nextbike Inc.) is one of the top performing bike share systems in the county. HBS launched in 2015 with 29 stations and 250 Smart Bikes in Hoboken. Bike share has become an essential part of Hoboken’s sustainable transit ecosystem and demand continues to grow rapidly. HBS is currently undergoing an expansion to 560 Smart Bikes and will soon be servicing Weehawken, West New York, North Bergen, Bayonne, and Guttenberg.
nextbike Inc. is the North American subsidiary of nextbike GmbH, a German bike share company. nextbike has over 40,000 bikes deployed in over 125 cities on 4 continents.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are looking for a Field Operations Manager to join the team and take over the day-to-day operations for a service that provides a sustainable, healthy, and affordable transportation option for residents and visitors. The Field Operations Manager is critical to managing the service team, developing effective and efficient operational procedures, trouble shooting equipment, communicating effectively with the many different stakeholders involved, planning and executing expansions, thinking critically and solving complex issues, and creating a positive and supportive work environment for the service team.
● Supervise, hire, train, engage, motivate and terminate the service team
● Implement and monitor operations and safety policies and procedures
● Track system data and performance daily to direct and refine field operations
● Troubleshoot station, dock, and bike hardware and software with assistance from nextbike IT when necessary
● Develop a schedule for and manage maintenance, cleaning, and repair of equipment
● Oversee the assembly, deployment, and testing of new and old bike share equipment
● Improve operational practices while adhering to policies, contracts, and budgets
● Identify opportunities for increasing ridership and improving users’ experiences
● Communicate frequently with local partners and nextbike Inc. and GmbH supervisors
● Order, receive, track, and manage inventory
● Manage and maintain facilities and vehicles
We’re looking for someone to join our energetic and international team and take Hudson Bike Share to the next level; someone who is passionate about bikes and understands their role in transforming cities; and most of all, someone who is excited to dive into this complex system and tackle all types of issues that come up. This position requires you to interact with customers, work with city representatives and partners, and manage our service team who is out every day of the week rebalancing, fixing, and maintaining our fleet.
Required Skills & Experience:
● A love of bicycles
● A “get it done” attitude
● Ability to pay close attention to detail, track fleet numbers, and stay organized
● Experience in project management
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to identify priorities and execute critical tasks under deadlines
● Excellent communications skills including cross cultural skills
● Ability to lead employees efficiently and fairly
● Patience and the ability to be both self-directed and work well in a team environment
● Flexibility and the willingness to sometimes work irregular hours
Preferred Skills & Experience:
● An understanding of the bike share industry
● Experience supervising a team
● Willingness to learn bike mechanics
● Experience in budget/accounting development tracking, and reporting
● Experience collaborating with public entities
● Familiarity and experience with bicycling and sustainable transportation advocacy
● Affinity for IT solutions and app-based services
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Hudson Bike Share’s Mission.
The Field Operations Manager is a full-time position based in our warehouse in Hudson County, New Jersey, next to New York City. nextbike Inc. offers benefits including health insurance and generous paid-time off. Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Krysia Solheim, Business Operations Manager for nextbike in North America at firstname.lastname@example.org.
nextbike Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from people of diverse backgrounds. We are a drug-free workplace and do not tolerate any type of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation.
Our goal is to help you find and hire qualified professionals who are passionate about bike share. We’ll connect you with the best talent and our focused approach means you’ll get great applicants who care about the work they do for you.Post a Job